ExploreSask Photo Contest Launch | News and Media
Released on June 14, 2023
Tourism Saskatchewan’s annual ExploreSask Photo Contest is officially underway and accepting entries as of June 14. Enter photographs or videos of your favorite Saskatchewan adventures for a chance to win great prizes. Amateur and professional photographers and videographers are encouraged to submit their most striking content that captures the natural beauty of Saskatchewan and tells stories about its people and communities. The contest runs until September 15.
The six contest categories are:
- People & Places – Portraits of Saskatchewan people from all walks of life enjoying indoor or outdoor activities, and places that portray the community spirit and liveliness of Saskatchewan cities and towns, cityscapes, local attractions and urban life.
- Prairie – Scenic photos from prairie regions; hidden treasures such as valleys, hills and badlands; other natural features displaying the province’s diverse geography in any season.
- Wildlife – Images that showcase Saskatchewan’s beautiful wild animals, birds and insects.
- Winter – Scenes of winter in Saskatchewan, from outdoor activities to wild snowy landscapes.
- Woods & Water – Photography that features Saskatchewan’s abundant lakes and rivers, as well as Saskatchewan’s diverse forests and trees, from lodgepole pine and aspen groves in the south to the northern boreal forests.
- Videos – Submit an edited piece or single shot video (60 seconds maximum) of Saskatchewan wildlife, people, places and landscapes.
The prize-winning photographer in each category will receive a $500 Visa gift card. The Grand Prize winner, selected from the five photography category winners, will receive an additional $500 Visa gift card. The prize for the Video category is a $1,000 Visa gift card. The winner in this category will not be considered in the selection of the Grand Prize.
For complete contest rules and to submit your entry, visit TourismSaskatchewan.com/Photo-Contest or call Tourism Saskatchewan toll-free at 1-877-237-2273. The deadline for entries is September 15.
For more information, contact:
Email: [email protected]